Please be prepared to provide the following information. You may also bring appropriate corresponding documentation as noted below, if desired.
- Original will (and codicil, if applicable).
- Death Certificate.
- Name, address, phone number, driver’s license number and SSN for the Applicant (usually either the proposed executor or administrator).
- Name, address, phone number, age, marital status, and relationship to the decedent for all (potential) beneficiaries (including any who predeceased the decedent).
- If decedent was married, date and place of marriage
- If decedent was divorced, date and place of divorce
- Any real estate owned by decedent outside Texas
- Assets owned at the time of death:
*Checking and savings account: Documents needed signature cards; Statements
*Brokerage accounts and/or paper stock/bond certificates: Documents needed share certificates; account statement
*IRAs and/or 401K’s: Documents needed Signature cards; account statement
*Closely held business or partnership interests: Documents needed Company agreement; share certificates
*Real Property: Documents needed Deeds; Mortgages
*Automobiles, Boats, RV’s, ATV’s, etc.: Documents needed Title and/or registration
*Life Insurance: Documents needed Policy; annual statement; beneficiary designations
– Mortgage (holder; outstanding balance)
– Auto loans
– Credit card debt